San Diego Lane Field
Lane Field is located at 900 West Broadway in downtown San Diego North Embarcadero in the Columbia (waterfront) District.
Since the 60’s Lane Field has been used as a parking lot structure for cruise boat passengers and the general public. Before that it served as a baseball stadium from 1936 to 1957.
A public/private redevelopment plan between the Port of San Diego and Lane Field San Diego Developers will bring new infrastructure, retail and restaurant space plus an additional public park to San Diego’s waterfront.
The Lane Field project includes:
- Two hotel towers totaling 800 rooms.
- Phase 1 (Lane Field North) is comprised of one 17 story tower featuring two hotels and totaling 400 rooms. Completion expected by early 2016.
- Phase 2 (Lane Field South) is comprised of one 19 floor tower totaling 400 rooms. Completion expected by early 2018.
- A 2 acre public park (already completed)
- A view corridor and public access through C Street
- 60,000+ square feet of retail and restaurant space
- Approx 1,000 parking spaces
**UPDATE DECEMBER 2015**
Phase 1 of the Lane field project is almost completed and both hotels are expected to open in February 2016. These two hotels will offer a total of 400 hotel rooms and 400 additional hotel rooms (Intercontinental Hotel) will be built in the upcoming phase 2 of the project expected to break ground in January 2016 – Intercontinental Hotel San Diego Project Info.
Residence Inn by Marriott – 147 Hotel Rooms – Hotel Website
SpringHill Suites by Marriott – 253 Hotel Rooms – Hotel Website
Lane Field Phase 1 Photos