THE MOST ESTABLISHED DISTRICT
Variety of Property Types & Proximity to Gaslamp Restaurant and Entertainment Options
San Diego’s Marina district is located next to the waterfront and seaport village and is bordered by the Gaslamp district and the Columbia (waterfront) district. This area was once comprised of warehouses and vacant lots and today has become one of downtown’s most exclusive and well established neighborhoods.
Through redevelopment Downtown San Diego Marina Real Estate now offers a variety of high-rise and mid-rise buildings. Marina San Diego condos, town homes and lofts come in a variety of styles, sizes, floor plans and prices to cater to the needs of basically everyone. Please browse below for more information on Marina condo and loft buildings or to search all real estate for sale in San Diego’s Marina district.
The Marina is characterized by its cleanliness and it’s convenient location with many dining and entertainment venues all close by in the Seaport Village and Gaslamp district.
There are many specialty businesses like spas, hair salons, banks, restaurants and a grocery store. The Marina’s location, peacefulness, green spaces and supporting businesses make it a fantastic neighborhood for families, young professionals and retirees alike. The Marina District is also home to the new Children’s museum, one of the latest additions to the area.
1. High Income Singles and Couples: Educated professionals with high salaries.
2. Empty Nesters: Mature couples heading into retirement that are down sizing because kids left home.
3. Snow and Summer Birds: People living in desert or snow areas escaping the heat of the summer and cold of the winter.
4. Young Singles: Between 20 and 40 years of age that are typically renting an condo or apartment in the area and work in the professional and service sector.
1. Proximity to parks and green spaces for dog walking.
2. Proximity to a few grocery stores.
3. Condos offer mostly protected views as there is just one empty lot for future construction.
4. Proximity to Gaslamp’s shops and restaurants.
1. The close proximity to the Gaslamp could be an issue for residents of some buildings as the Gaslamp tends to get quite noisy during the weekends.
SEARCH MARINA CONDOS
Points of Interest
Marina District Redevelopment Projects
The Marina district is downtown’s most established district and there is not too much space left to make room for new developments. However, in a lot currently owned by BOSA (south of the Horizons towers) there is a project to build a new luxury high rise condo tower.
In the immediate vicinity to the Marina District there are a few redevelopment projects on the way and some expected to begin soon that will positively impact and add value to this downtown San Diego neighborhood. Click below for more information on each project.
Marina San Diego Condos
Info & Listings by Building
Search information and listings for Marina Condos San Diego for sale by building. Click on the condo building of interest to you below to view a detailed guide.
Downtown San Diego Real Estate
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can answer any questions or assist you with anything related to downtown San Diego Marina Real Estate.