Manchester Pacific Gateway will be one of California’s most stunning and luxurious waterfront developments, giving San Diego a world-class destination on the North Embarcadero of the San Diego Bay.
Manchester Pacific Gateway includes Class A office space, 5 star resorts, luxury retail shopping, fine dining, open parks and cultural space, entertainment, public parking, and overlooks the most beautiful waterfront in the United States.
Envisioned by Papa Doug Manchester, father of the San Diego Convention Center, the triple five-star Fairmont Grand Del Mar, the Manchester Grand Hyatt and the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina, the development is a gateway to San Diego’s booming upscale downtown and tourist community.
All would be built on land granted to the Navy by city voters in 1920 and leased in 2006 by the Navy to Manchester for 99 years.
**UPDATE DECEMBER 2015**
It was announced on December 9th, 2015 that Doug Manchester’s Pacific Gateway project received final approval by the city and is expected to start demolition of the current buildings onsite by March 2016. Demolition should take approximately 4 months to complete and the first phase of the project completed in 2019. Construction will have to await a federal appellate court ruling, expected soon, on whether the project complies with the National Environmental Policy Act.
**UPDATE MAY 2018**
After alleged issues securing financing for one of the office buildings in the project, it was announced that the groundbreaking for Pacific Gateway will be June 1st, 2018.
KPBS VIDEO ON THE TOPIC
INTERVIEW WITH DOUG MANCHESTER
Site Plan Description:
- BLOCK 1A: 1.9 Acre Waterfront Park
- BLDG 1B: 260 Keys, 5-Star Manchester Boutique Hotel; 187,867 SF, 135FT, 10-Stories, Manchester Pacific Gateway Tower – Class A Office; 523,507 SF, Retail; 92,748 SF, 400 FT, 27-Stories
- BLDG 2A & 2B: 1,090 Keys, 4-Star Manchester Gateway Hotel/Retail and Medal of Honor Museum; 1,103,035 SF, 350 FT, 29-Stories
- BLDG 3A: Lindbergh Building – Class A office/Retail; 272,693 SF, 135 FT, 8-Stories
- BLDG 3B: US Navy Headquarters – Class A Office; 373,105 SF, 250 FT, 17-Stories
- BLDG 4A &4B: Seaport Building – Class A Office; 152,976 SF, Retail; 144,547 SF, 110 FT, 6-Stories
SITE LOCATION MAP
Pacific Gateway Renderings